The ability to keep exercising is an important factor in the long-term success of any exercise program. The key is to find a few tricks that will keep you motivated when the motivation starts to fizzle.
1. Surround yourself with things that motivate you to workout, such as pictures of people who have been inspired by their achievements or motivational quotes like “If you don’t start now, you’ll never finish”
2. Get someone to help you stay motivated and accountable: hire a personal trainer or sign up for a class at the gym.
3. Create a goal that you can strive for, whether it’s to run a marathon or tone up for a wedding or beach holiday.
4. Work with a friend or a group of friends to motivate each other: try a running club, a CrossFit box or a yoga tribe.
5. Monitor your progress: set goals for your workouts, and then reward yourself for accomplishing them. Plan a massage or a movie once you’ve completed a session, and upgrade the rewards with each month.
6. Get good at something: if you master an exercise, it will no longer feel like a chore and instead become a pleasure.
7. Get enough sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential to both physical and mental health.
8. Ensure that you have a dedicated space for exercise: either at home or at the gym, it will make you feel more motivated to go.
Email: [email protected]